X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: IB consolidating exchanges ...and I can't get data

This is the mail I got:

Dear Client,

Our records indicate account XXXXXX is permissioned to trade Futures.

Please note that Interactive Brokers is completing an effort to update and consolidate exchange names where appropriate. When this effort is complete, the following updates will be in effect:
    • GLOBEX and CMECRYPTO will be consolidated to a single exchange, ‘CME’
    • ECBOT will be updated to ‘CBOT’
    • COMEX listed metals (previously reflected as NYMEX) will be updated to exchange ‘COMEX’
    • NYMEX, no change

Given the wide breadth of products involved, we are migrating in four waves based on underlying products:

Key Effective Trade Date Products
    Wave 1 October 30, 2022 GLOBEX: ZAR, LB, DA, IXE
    Wave 2 November 6, 2022 GLOBEX: EMD, BRE, CHF, SOFR3, E7, NKD
    CMECRYPTO: BTCEURRR, ETHEURRR, MET
    Wave 3 November 13, 2022 GLOBEX: All remaining products
    CMECRYPTO: All remaining products
    ECBOT: ZO, ZR, 2YY, 30Y
    NYMEX: ALI, QI, QC
    Wave 4 TBD ECBOT: All remaining products
    NYMEX: All remaining "Metal" products

Note: After each migration, GTC orders will be retained. These orders will show the updated exchange name but remain active.

Additional information is available in our FAQs.

Does this change require that you change instruments in your database? Please advice

EDIT: I've already solved it. It doesn't require that you change anything in your database

Last edited by pstrusi; 11-13-2022, 06:05 PM.

thanks for posting

the above email explains this problem I think : https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ate-instrument

I am pretty sure it means NT8 has to change their IB symbol mapping for the instruments affected. I dont see where we can do it manually on the user side.

when is the email dated ? I cant seem to find this email in my inbox
    Last edited by qewcool; 11-13-2022, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Well, fortunately, after suffering for a while, I've achieved connecting and getting data. What I had to do was create new futures instruments, and change the symbol on NAME or MASTER INSTRUMENT:
      From ES to ESZ2 and so the same for the rest of them. Of course, don't forget to change the name to CME from the old GLOBEX in exchange.
      The method that I use for a quick fix, was to load first the Strategy Analyzer, then in Instruments, click on edit, then on Master Instrument change to ESZ2. Click Ok. This change won't be updated, but if you now call the Instrument Manager, now you can see that a new instrument was created. Simply substitute instruments and you're ready

After that, now you have to update data and charts or strategies.

So far it's working normally.

NOTE: the email was received by me on Oct-28, but reading it, I thought that only would affect the exchange name and not the others fields.
      Last edited by pstrusi; 11-14-2022, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Hi pstrusi.

I'm having the same problem. However...
        1- in Tools/Instruments, it does not let me change the instrument name. It's grayed out...
        2- What version of TWS are you using? Another user seemed to say (cond apparently confirmed by NT Support) that you have to use an older version of TWS (10.16.1k)

Thanks.

Comment

1. I use NT 7. 7.0.1000.42

2. Before instruments/Tools...etc, go and open first a Strategy Analyzer, and from there try to change the Master Instrument. It's possible to edit it, however, it won't change anything, yet. After doing that, go to Instrument Manager, and search for the new instrument created. Update everything
          Last edited by pstrusi; 11-14-2022, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Symbol mapping has been updated on the NT servers to support the new exchange with the latest version of TWS/Gateway. You may need to restart to have this change take effect.

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan, given your response, I have a doubt:

last night I solved this issue by adding a new instrument to match the new symbols of IB. So, after that "symbol mapping", does it mean that we can use the old symbols once again?

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
                1. I use NT 7. 7.0.1000.42
                Yeah... I knew I should have stayed with NT 7!!! And now I can't even remember why I moved to NT 8. But at the time, I recall vaguely that for some technical reason, I HAD to upgrade... (Maybe performance...)

Anyway, thanks for your response. I'll now proceed to fixing the symbol mapping problem. What a pain!

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
                  Ryan, given your response, I have a doubt:

last night I solved this issue by adding a new instrument to match the new symbols of IB. So, after that "symbol mapping", does it mean that we can use the old symbols once again?
                  You should now be able to use the default symbol mappings. You may need to reset your instruments via Tools>database management if edits have been made.
                  Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Default doesn't work with MGC.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post

You should now be able to use the default symbol mappings. You may need to reset your instruments via Tools>database management if edits have been made.

So what about the exchange? As you know IB decided to change, for example, the ES and MES futures from Globex to CME. How does it leave the mapping reset ? Does the Symbol mapping include the name of the exchange? Looking forward to clear this doubt
                      Last edited by pstrusi; 11-14-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post
                        Hello,

Symbol mapping has been updated on the NT servers to support the new exchange with the latest version of TWS/Gateway. You may need to restart to have this change take effect.

Ryan, a couple of questions, if you don't mind:

- If I reset instruments, will the exchange for ES and MES go from Globex to CME as IB moved recently?

- As far as you know: Can be this "Reset instruments" done without any issues in NT-7 ?

Thanks

Comment

I have similar problem with IB and it started today. Charts for ES, MES, NQ, ^SP500 do not refresh in my NT8 (8.0.26.1). Chart trader shows correct ask and bid prices and they are updating fine, S&T window also gets updated, but charts are not updating. I am using 'stable' TWS 10.19.1g with web start. I tried to update instruments and instruments lists in NT8 Database Management and restarted NT8 but that did not help.

Comment

Hi Ryan

I have the same issue for ES, NQ and RTY (e.g. ES 12-22). I updated to NT 7. 7.0.1000.43 yesterday and reset the instruments. This did not solve the issue as reported above.
                            I also tried remapping from Globex to CME.

Can you please share screenshots of the instrument settings and mappings for ES, NQ and RTY?
                            What exchange do you choose besides Default? Would you need to do anything else? like removing the "old" instruments from charts and instrument lists etc to make it work?

Comment

Originally posted by whotookmynickname View Post
                              Hi Ryan

I have the same issue for ES, NQ and RTY (e.g. ES 12-22). I updated to NT 7. 7.0.1000.43 yesterday and reset the instruments. This did not solve the issue as reported above.
                              I also tried remapping from Globex to CME.

Can you please share screenshots of the instrument settings and mappings for ES, NQ and RTY?
                              What exchange do you choose besides Default? Would you need to do anything else? like removing the "old" instruments from charts and instrument lists etc to make it work?

Reading that you have NT7 too like me, I posted above, in post #3, how I've solved my case. Perhaps it could help you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sarafuenonly123