Licensing & trading with GAIN plus other broker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licensing & trading with GAIN plus other broker

Apologies in advance for a bunch of rookie questions...
    I'm evaluating NT for use with alternative brokers. However, even though I set up demo accounts with NT partners (eg PFGBest, AMP), I can't test simulation trades on those demo accounts because everything goes to the Sim101 account. Any way to change this so I can better evaluate how a live set-up might work?
    Also, I currently have a live GAIN/forex.com account and understand that I can have a live NT license free of charge for trading on my GAIN account.
    If I want to trade a second broker account, I assume I need to buy a multi-broker license, right? Can a multi-broker license be purchased on a lease basis like the single broker license?
    Assuming I acquire a live license, and then set up connections to both brokers, can I trade both accounts simultaneously? And if so, how do I select which account to trade?
    Thanks for your patience...

Originally posted by toughcookie View Post
    Apologies in advance for a bunch of rookie questions...
    I'm evaluating NT for use with alternative brokers. However, even though I set up demo accounts with NT partners (eg PFGBest, AMP), I can't test simulation trades on those demo accounts because everything goes to the Sim101 account. Any way to change this so I can better evaluate how a live set-up might work?
    Also, I currently have a live GAIN/forex.com account and understand that I can have a live NT license free of charge for trading on my GAIN account.
    If I want to trade a second broker account, I assume I need to buy a multi-broker license, right? Can a multi-broker license be purchased on a lease basis like the single broker license?
    Assuming I acquire a live license, and then set up connections to both brokers, can I trade both accounts simultaneously? And if so, how do I select which account to trade?
    Thanks for your patience...

Hello toughcookie,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately all orders will be submitted to the Sim101 account while utalizing the @SIM Free NinjaTrader license and will not be directed to your broker servers.

If you have a GAIN Capital/Forex.com account and you want to also connect to a second broker you will only be required to purchase a single broker license.

You will need to re-brand your existing GAIN Capital/Forex.com account in order to receive the Free NinjaTrader license key. I have provided a link below that goes over how to re-brand your GAIN Capital/Forex.com account.

You will have access to your accounts from the Account drop down window.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes