Getting minute bars to show a different starting time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting minute bars to show a different starting time

Good morning everyone, I have two quick questions.

1st - I recently imported a set of historical data to NT7 but looks like I did it wrong, the time of last bar shows 20:00 but in my timezone the last bar is an hour earlier when I look into another charting platform. I wonder if I need to re-import the data with the proper timezone or is there a way to adjust the data without re-importing?
    ---
    Unrelated to previous question

2nd - When loading a 240 minute bar (4 hour) , the bars start at 00:00 and a new bar is formed at 04:00 the next at 08:00, etc.. , is there a way I can have those bars start at 01:00 instead of 00:00 so I can see the 01:00 bar close at 05:00, 09:00, 13:00, etc

Thank you so much!

Javi
    Last edited by EminiJalapenio; 10-04-2015, 01:15 PM.

Hello EminiJalapenio,

Thank you for your post.

Both of these items may be related based on your description. Which Session Template setting is used in the chart? To check please right click in the chart and select Data Series; Session Template is shown on the right side of this menu.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, its setup to 24/7, I tried a couple of templates but was not able to set the correct time.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

1.) Does the other data source which you mentioned timestamp bars based on their open or closing time? NinjaTrader will use the closing time of a bar for timestamps. For example, a minute bar with a time of 9:31:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:30:59 AM.

2.) The Default 24/7 session template opens at 12:00:00 PM EDT. To force bars to begin calculating at 1:00 you would need to create a Session Template which uses this time as the open. Session Templates can be created via the Session Manager window. More information about creating Session Templates can be found at this link to our Help Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...on_manager.htm
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm not sure how the data in the bar is set, but I re-imported the historical data with my timezone in the historical manager and did the trick! The first time I did it I imported it with UTC so now we are all good.

I'm going to go set that session template and let you know how it goes, thanks so much!

Comment

Issue 2 solved! Set up a new session, works perfectly, thanks so much for your quick help, I really appreciate that!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by franciscog21, Today, 05:27 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post franciscog21  
            Started by hdge4u, 04-29-2024, 12:23 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post MisterTee