Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Missing data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing data

Hi,
    I came across a very weird problem...
    All of a sudden, the data for time disappeared from the platform and my algorithm is not trading. I checked my code a few times and could not see anything that would cause that, since the algorithm has been running for a while now, I don't believe the problem is in the code.
    This happens for M6E and 6E as well, I haven't tested for other instruments but as you can see on the picture attached, the price data is there but the timing data, jumps from May 11th to May 20th with no data in between, causing my algorithm to stop trading for that period. Also, today (May 26th) my algorithm didn't run because the data feed did not come through (Output window in the picture), I also included the logs for this post.
    What could be causing this problem?

Thanks,
    Eddie
    Attached Files

Hello Eddie De Meira,

Thank you for your post.

First, what version of the platform are you running? This may be found under Help > About. The current version is 8.0.24.2.

In your screenshot it appears that the small green dot in the corner of the control center is not present, indicating you weren't connected to a data connection at the time this was taken. If you manually connect from the connections menu, does it successfully connect and do you see data moving on your chart?

If so, does right clicking on the chart and selecting "Reload all Historical data" fill in the data that appears to be missing?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,
      yes, the version I am using is 8.0.24.2 and the reason the green light was not on is because I was not connected at the time I took the picture.
      On the other hand, even when it's connected (green light on) it does the same thing... My algorithm was running overnight and it did not enter the trade due to the time not showing on the chart. I picked up this problem on the Strategy Analyzer not on the real-time chart, I tried to reload all historical data but it didn't help...

Comment

Hello Eddie De Meira,

Thank you for your reply.

Please delete your historical data using the instructions provided at the following page of the NinjaTrader Help Guide:

Removing Historical Data
        • Once the data has been deleted close NinjaTrader. Open the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache folder. Select all files then right mouse click and select “delete.”
        • Restart NinjaTrader and open a chart for the same time frame as you wish to test in the Strategy Analyzer.
        Once complete, please attempt to re-run the Strategy Analyzer. Does the strategy show all data for the given time frame?

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,
          I followed your instructions, deleted the history and then the cache and it worked!
          Thank you so much for your assistance, as always, you were very helpful

cheers,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post mattbsea  
          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes