Collapse

Freezing when using template with multiple series on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received an email to send trace and log files, which I assume was meant for yodatrader...my issue has been resolved by you and was too many indicators running, global cross hairs running and too far day look back for my multiple tick charts. I have resolved the issue anyway by re-installing the platform as per you instructions. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello aligator,

I am not able to reproduce the behavior you have described when using the latest version of NinjaTrader.

I would like to schedule a call with you so that I may check the version you are using and then perform the same steps as shown in the video.

If the behavior is different, I will collect more information for our development.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
      ChelseaB,

Thank you for the remote call and establishing no freezing when using simple templates with multiple series on a chart with no indicators (I acknowledge one simple SMA did not trigger a freeze). However, the issue remains if one has several indicators plotted for both series.

I see in the above posts that other members have similar freezing issues and were told they used "too many" indicators on multi-series chart (post #16).

Personally, I gave up on that approach for multi-timeframe analysis, it is simply not worth the effort and the associated freezing headaches. However, NT does not indicate by an error or a message that there are 'Too Many" indicators loaded and it simply freezes. Also, no logic for that "Too Many" indicators statement is presented anywhere. There seems to be a Ninja limitation to handle multi-series charts with indicators on them, after all who uses charts without indicators.

I would suggest that perhaps your development team take a look in this issue (multi-series with several indicators) if multi-series charts are to be a supported feature of NT.

Thanks again, you were absolutely fantastic with your support.

Regards.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your response.

There should never be a resolution of "too many" indicators running. It is more likely that there were performance related items within the setup of the indicators or the indicators themselves that needed to be looked into. A resolution for performance should never be to point towards the number of indicators running but rather to isolate the indicator or object causing the hanging.

If you would like to revisit the performance on any of these cases for further insight please write to us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. I would also recommend reviewing the Performance Tips at the following link for further insight in optimizing performance and running diagnostics: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ance_tips2.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh