OCO order setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCO order setup

I need specific step-by-step instructions for setting up an OCO order using an ATM strategy for each order that has an entry, stop and target. Can anybody help, or point me to a link which contains such instructions. I am using Chart Trader. Thanks!
    Last edited by podowitz; 12-28-2020, 10:10 AM.

Does this video help?:

Learn how to use One-Cancels-Other or “OCO” orders. See how Advanced Trade Management incorporates OCO orders automatically and learn how to pair OCO orders ...

Comment

Hello podowitz,

Thank you for your post.

The video link that SteveTheCPA provided is definitely a great, concise resource for placing a breakout strategy with OCO orders that have ATM Strategies applied. Essentially the steps would be as follows:
      • right-click within your order entry window and enable OCO
      • select the desired ATM Strategy and place your first order
      • select the desired ATM Strategy and place your second order
      • right-click and disable OCO
      One thing that I would like to point out (it is a common mistake/misunderstanding) has to do with the "Active ATM Strategy" - it can get a little tricky. Once you place your first order with an ATM Strategy selected, depending on your ATM Strategy Selection Mode, the dropdown list for ATM Strategies may automatically select the active strategy with a lightning bolt symbol to the left of the name. If you try to place a second order, you will receive an error message. It is important that you select a template or custom strategy from the dropdown menu again so that it shows the name with the little 'i' for information to the left rather than the lightning bolt. For more information, I have included a link to the ATM 201 webinar with a timestamp for the section that goes over active ATM strategies:

Here is the help guide section that goes over the different ATM Strategy Selection Modes:

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask them here.

Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes