inputs and targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inputs and targets

Hello, how can I make independent entries with their respective targets and stoplosses?

I enter the market with 8 ticks of target but when I put a lower entry the second entry takes me the target of the first one and sometimes it takes me out with 1 tick of guanacia or sometimes in loss.

I want the target 1 to be from the entry 1.
    the target 2 of entry 2 and the target 3 of entry 3.

Hello JesusSanchez,

Thank you for your message.

You will want to change the ATM Strategy Selection Mode to 'Keep selected ATM Strategy Template on order submission' in the ATM Strategy Parameters window. This will allow you to place separate Entry Orders each with its own Stop Loss and Profit Target levels.

By default, this will be set to 'Select active ATM Strategy on order submission' which will scale in and out of your current position as you are seeing. For a full overview of the different ATM Strategy Selection Modes, you may visit this link to our NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide: ATM Strategy Selection Modes

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JustinD View Post
      Hello JesusSanchez,

Thank you for your message.

You will want to change the ATM Strategy Selection Mode to 'Keep selected ATM Strategy Template on order submission' in the ATM Strategy Parameters window. This will allow you to place separate Entry Orders each with its own Stop Loss and Profit Target levels.

By default, this will be set to 'Select active ATM Strategy on order submission' which will scale in and out of your current position as you are seeing. For a full overview of the different ATM Strategy Selection Modes, you may visit this link to our NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide: ATM Strategy Selection Modes

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

I have it in "Keep the ATM strategy template selected when sending the order" but it does not work for me an entry closed with 1 tick and I have set the profit for each entry to 8 ticks I attach a screen shot
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello JesusSanchez,

Thank you for your response.

For clarification, are you looking for your Average Price to move to your second Entry Order Price? When you open multiple positions at different prices, the Average Price will only match the average of all of them combined. This may only be about 1 Tick in difference, which is why you will only see the Price on the tan flag move a little.

If this is not the behavior you are describing, please be as detailed as possible to ensure that we assist you accurately.

Comment

Hello JesusSanchez,

For clarification, are you looking for your Average Price to move to your second Entry Order Price? When you open multiple positions at different prices, the Average Price will only match the average of all of them combined. This may only be about 1 Tick in difference, which is why you will only see the Price on the tan flag move a little.

If this is not the behavior you are describing, please be as detailed as possible to ensure that we assist you accurately.

what happens to me is that I enter the market (order number 1) and if the price goes down 8 ticks I enter the market again (Order 2), then when it goes up 8 ticks it takes me in target (of order number 2) but it closes position number 1 (which is at a higher price) and the second position stays with the target of the first position, with a target of 16 ticks. I use target of 8ticks per entry in the ES should close my positions with 100$ per entry and some of them are closed with 1 tick and if I buy more than 8 ticks difference I get out with loss.

in short... the target of the entry number two when it reaches its target of 8ticks closes me the position number 1 that is higher.

what i want is that the order number 1 closes with its target number 1.
          and order number 2 with target number 2.

if position 2 takes me the target of 1 I close the first one regardless of whether it is in loss or gain.

look at the screenshot of the orders taken the ones that are 12.5$ should be 100$.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Comment

Hello JesusSanchez,

Thank you for that clarification.

This will be expected behavior as additional Entry orders are submitted to your account. Once the price touches that lower Profit Target, it will be submitted and Filled as it is already a Working order. It will not be possible for the market to move past this order without Filling it or to Fill it solely based on your lower Entry price. When you are in a position that you have added additional contracts to, your overall position will be based on the Average Price between the different Entry Orders, not separate prices.

This is hard-coded into the platform and cannot be changed. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Hello JesusSanchez,

Thank you for that clarification.

This will be expected behavior as additional Entry orders are submitted to your account. Once the price touches that lower Profit Target, it will be submitted and Filled as it is already a Working order. It will not be possible for the market to move past this order without Filling it or to Fill it solely based on your lower Entry price. When you are in a position that you have added additional contracts to, your overall position will be based on the Average Price between the different Entry Orders, not separate prices.

This is hard-coded into the platform and cannot be changed. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

ok, could I solve my problem by configuring the ATM as "Show only the selected ATM strategy"?

as it says in the manual and shows in the image the super DOM orders are independent

that type of ATM only works from the super DOM or I can put them on the chart?

Comment

Hello JesusSanchez,

Yes, this trading mode will get you the behavior you are looking for, but please keep in mind that it is considered a more advanced feature. Be sure to keep good track of your positions as you trade in this mode. I highly recommend keeping a separate window for each of your positions and practicing with the Sim101 account or in the Simulated Data Feed to get comfortable with it before live trading.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide - ATM Strategy Selection Mode

As always, feel free to write in with any additional questions you may have.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post WHICKED
                by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                15 responses