Setting Back Testing Parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Back Testing Parameters

I feel like I am missing something in the NT8 Instruction manual. I'm trying to figure out how to set the starting account amount, the amount of the total account to use per trade and whether to compound the gains/losses to continually scale the amount used per trade so that it's a consistent percentage of the total account. I don't get the sense that the Sim101 account balance is the starting balance for back-testing (but maybe it is). If so, though, how does one adjust the amount traded per trade and such?

Hello shocdoc,
    Thank you for the note.

1. To set the desired amount of funds for the Sim101 and Playback101 account, go to the Control Center > Accounts tab > Right-click on the Simulation account > Edit Account... > Initial Cash sets how much simulated money the account has > Click reset > Click OK and the account will be reset with the defined values.2. To confirm, the Sim101 account does define the account settings for the Playback101 account.
    • "3. The Playback101 account properties (e.g., Commissions, Risk, etc.) are created from the Sim101 account when connecting to the Playback Connection and cannot be reset while connected. The Playback101 account will reset with current Sim101 account properties when reconnecting."
    3. There is no way to define how many funds to use with each order or a way to place a percentage of the total account as an order.
    • The price per order is going to depend on the instrument that is being traded and the number of contracts traded
    • If you are unsure how much it will cost to trade a specific instrument, please reach out to your broker for more information

I suggest visiting the following Video Library and then watching the Order Entry video that is relevant to the Order Entry Window you are using:As well, the following webinar goes over placing orders with the Basic Entry Window, SuperDOM, and Chart Trader
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post zstheorist  
      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM