NT charts lagging or not rending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT charts lagging or not rending

Does any one else is experiencing charts lagging during volatility in January of 2022? or is it just me? There has been various threads on this topic and I have done everything possible to maximize the performance. I still see that charts are lagging significantly during volatile times behind SuperDOM. Any thoughts?

I have had this issue as well the last two days. Never before. Has me nervous about the tool until I hear a response and potential solution. It’s. Or my pc as all other apps including trading kept up today.

Comment

Hello agassi,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '3456124- Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
      Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have had a similar issue several times in the past and I have contacted platform support via email and have done all this. This was during the beginning of the pandemic. Also, I have seen there are several forums on the same topic. In fact, the owner of Nextgen Trading Solutions also has a detailed thread regarding the same. So if I add things like Market Profile, Volume Profile and Footprint Charts then it does this. So response from Ninjatrader is that 3rd party indicators are causing this. Some one here also compared NT with Sierra Charts and apparently Sierra Charts does not have this issue. My humble request is for Ninjatrader to fix the rootcause of this problem. I think this may have to do with multithreading or not using all the core processors or something.

Comment

Is there a product backlog where I can put in my request and I am sure a lot of NT customers have the same complaints regarding this issue. There are several threads on the same topic. NT needs a permanent solution to fix this issue. I

Comment

Hello agassi,

Thank you for your post.

There are many items that could cause this behavior. I will need to investigate the potential cause and provide a solution for you. Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry?

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put '3456124- Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.
            Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here are various threads on the same issue! There could be more but I just want to point this to Patrick (Ninjatrader Founder/Owner):

Hi, Is there any plan for NinjaTrader to utilize multiple CPU cores? I use the AMD Threadripper 1950X, which is a 16 core 32 thread processor, its overclocked to 4.1 GHz. I have 32 GB Ram, a Nvidia 1080ti GFX card, and use a M.2 NVME drive All in all, in comparison to the vast majority of trader's systems, my system is

Hello After returning from a week long vacation and starting and connecting NT8 64 bit to my data provider my charts are not updating click test (https://gumroad.com/l/kohi-click-test). Last weeks data did download and display but stops at 5:15 pm yesterday. I did update to the latest version of NT8. Oanda is my click speed

Hi, for some reason when I open a chart, it loads the historical data, but then stays there, static, not updating with live market data. I have checked and I am connected to Continuum. In the log I get the following message: Failed to resolve instrument for market data: FDXMU20 is not enabled for real-time quotes and trading.

I hate to revisit this, but I am interested to know if anyone during Fridays spike suffered the dreaded chart lag, whilst using the new version of NT released the other day? For the most part, I have a completely bare bones NT now. Had to strip it and minimise everything to get any reliable performance and unless we get stuff

Comment

Every day I do the following i.e.

1) I reset the database
                2) Clear cache etc. as explained in detail here in this blog:

Comment

Despite doing all this, and despite having a powerful custom built computer during high volatility like today FED day 1/26/2022 my charts were so much behind SuperDOM. I also know which indicator is causing this because I do that utilization monitor thing. Here is the thing: I know that if I just load a chart without any indicator it will be fine. But I need these market profiles, volume profiles and foot print charts. I am also aware not to load too much historical data. I have about 13 charts with each chart in a separate window without any tabs etc. Despite taking all the necessary steps charts lagging or not rendering and it is due to some 3rd party indicator I have. I also know which indicator is consuming all the resources. So the whole reason why someone would use Ninjatrader is because of the ecosystem with all the 3rd party indicators right? How do we fix this? I will send you the files you have asked for. But keep in mind, this is not the 1st time or 2nd time or 3rd time I am experiencing this issue. If Ninjatrader is using C# which is very close to C++ I am sure there is a fix which every one can benefit. I don't mind if you charge some reasonable money for some upgrade. This needs to be escalated to the owner/founder so they can come up with a long term solution.

Comment

Log and Trace Files sent.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post zstheorist  
                    Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                    8 responses