• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I make day of week boolean value on strategy Builder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello rickyblah12,

Enums properties will make a drop-down.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ned_parame.htm

A DayOfWeek property would also result in a drop-down.

Leave a comment:

• rickyblah12
    replied
    the drop down is for something else

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello rickyblah12,

For a drop-down you would need to unlock the script and add this code by hand. It would be a public DayOfWeek property.

However, when I suggested a drop-down I was not fully understanding what you were wanting to achieve. The drop-down would be used for the user selecting a DayOfWeek value and comparing to see if the bar's DayOfWeek is equal to the selected value.

Leave a comment:

• rickyblah12
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
    Hello rickyblah12,

Below is a link to video demonstrating checking that a bool named Monday is checked and there is a cross above, to draw a dot if the condition is true. This example only draws dots when there is a cross above if the day of week is monday and if the bool named Monday is checked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U_k...w?usp=drivesdk
    ok thank you that video was very helpful...how would I make a drop down for a input I tried everything...for example if I want to choose between 3 different options for any indicator but on the strategy menu

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello rickyblah12,

Below is a link to video demonstrating checking that a bool named Monday is checked and there is a cross above, to draw a dot if the condition is true. This example only draws dots when there is a cross above if the day of week is monday and if the bool named Monday is checked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U_k...w?usp=drivesdk

Leave a comment:

• rickyblah12
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
    Hello
    what u think chelsea

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello rickyblah12,

Thank you for the additional detail.

Unfortunately, this would not help me to better understand what is happening with your last question.

everything works fine the only problem is when only one box is checked the others will still take trades on those days
    ..how do i fix this
    You are asking about multiple conditions or sets from what I can gather however from the images provided I cannot see all of the details that I would need to formulate an answer. Would it be possible to attach the script so we can review the script together?

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• rickyblah12
    replied
    the strategy is just a simple sma crossover strategy...n trade whatever days I select only

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello rickyblah12,

Thank you for your reply.

I wanted to clarify, are you trying to make a day selection which will allow only 1 day of the week to trade or just make it so only what is selected is traded I.E. 2 or 3 days a week? The images seem to be cut off in the middle so they would not specifically help in this context, additionally, we would need to see the rest of the conditions you made to know how this should be working overall. For this question, it would likely be helpful if you can upload the whole script so we can see all of what you have done so far. Could you attach the strategy for review? https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tAsSourceFiles

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• rickyblah12
    replied
    This is how the strategy is...I did duplicated each set 2 more times and changed the day wheere it says wedsnday to thrusday and friday..everything works fine the only problem is when only one box is checked the others will still take trades on those days...so for some reason it only works if all 3 of the boxes are checked or 2 out of 3 are checked but when is only one boxed checked it takes trades for the rest of the days...how do i fix this

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello rickyblah12,

The code you have provided screenshots of is not showing this.

It appears you may be comparing something that is not a DateTime or DayOfWeek object to a DayOfWeek object.

A bool must be compared to a true or a false.

Leave a comment:

• rickyblah12
    replied
    I was using the Sunday bool as a input to trigger the day of week variable as true or false

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello rickyblah12,

Bools are not time objects that can be compared to a DayOfWeek object.

A bool is a true or false value and can only be compared with true or false.

Below is a public link to the Strategy Builder 301 course which details this.
    https://youtu.be/HCyt90GAs9k

You would need to compare each bool object separately to be either true or false.

if Monday is equal to true and Time > Date series is equal to Time > DayOfWeek > Monday and my other conditions are true then do this action.

If Tuesday is equal to true and Time > Date series is equal to Time > DayOfWeek > Tuesday and my other conditions are true then do this action.

etc..
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-18-2019, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rickyblah12
    replied
    what do u think its wrong

Leave a comment:

• rickyblah12
    replied
    not a drop down it would look like this only selected day will make trades on

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by vivekniwas, Today, 02:15 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
Started by fibbee, Today, 02:06 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Tyler