Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjacator indicators for strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjacator indicators for strategies

Hi. I recently added the ninjacator on balance volume indicator and I was wondering if you can use that indicator to create a strategy? Ive tried a few times, but it doesn't seem to link that indicator with any info I want to use. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by shs232 View Post
    Hi. I recently added the ninjacator on balance volume indicator and I was wondering if you can use that indicator to create a strategy? Ive tried a few times, but it doesn't seem to link that indicator with any info I want to use. Thanks in advance.
    Ask the vendor.
    They wrote it, so they should know ...

Comment

Also. read my reply here,
      Hi I've been programming in NT8 for over a year now, but just yesterday started to try to develop an indicator in NT7 because I'm trying to use a third-party

Comment

Bltdavid. Thanks for the quick reply here, much appreciated!!

Comment

I wish to share my experience with ninjacators.

I purchased, among other ninjacator indicators, the so called ninjascript ready version of the Bollinger Tackle and the RSD Strategy indicators for NT7 in Feb.2015 and, as far as I can remember, the sale included also receiving at no further cost the NT8 upgrades of these indicators. At that time I was looking forward to using (only) the new NT8 platform, so that is why I decided to purchase the indicators.

In Jan 2017 I asked the seller whether my NT8 paid version of these indicators were available. The reply was “"Please note that the Bollinger Tackle and RSD Strategy are both not ready for NT8 yet".”

In Feb. 2019 I inquired again about the indicators: “"Please could you let me know whether the NT8 ninjascript ready versions of the NT7 Bollinger Tackle and RSD Strategy indicators are now available?”"

I got the upgraded Bollinger Tackle, which however I was never able to make it work on the NT8 platform because it could not combine with some kind of licensing code issue, and regarding the “RSD Strategy”, (the only ninjacator indicator I found of some value and the only one I was really interested in), they told me "“Please note we are no longer selling the RSD Strategy and will not be updating it for NT8”" !

So I hope this may help anybody considering purchasing these indicators.

Good luck!
          Last edited by guidoisot; 09-03-2019, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply regarding ninjacators. Based on the last 2 replies, I prob have the free version so the code doesn't work with NT8. And from the issues you have had w this company, Ill prob stay away in the future. Getting something free that seems to work is one thing, but paying for an indicator and not having support is quite another. Thanks again for this info.

Comment

Hi shs232, thanks for your post.

I have never noticed this about Ninjacator indicators, but it is possible for them to have exposed plot values in the paid version and not in the free version. Ultimately it is up to the developer to add the ability to access a scripts plot values by creating a public property for the series or any other data series. This example goes into more detail on how to do this. You might still be able to access the Value or Values array of the indicator. Try doing <IndicatorName>.Values[0][0] and see if anything is being returned.

I look forward to hearing of your results.
              Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes