Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Im familiarizing myself with the FibExtension tools for strategy building = Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im familiarizing myself with the FibExtension tools for strategy building = Indicator

What is this asking me to do? I've gotten this message before and not sure what to do.
    Attached Files

Hello trdninstyle,

Thank you for your post.

Looks like you're missing some closing brackets at the end of the file. I'd encourage you to compare what you have to one of the built in strategies as you've got to be careful when copying and pasting code from examples that you're not accidentally deleting other sections of the strategy. I'd encourage you to review some of the following resources as they may be very helpful to you as you're learning (I'm unsure if my colleagues have previously given you any of these, but in case they haven't, I will):

First, I would encourage you to review this video which explains some of the nuances of using the editor:

NinjaScript Editor 401

Since I believe you've mentioned you are new to C#, to get a basic foundation for the concepts and syntax used in NinjaScript I would recommend this section of articles in our NT7 help guide first:

Basic Programming Concepts

For general C# education I have personally found Dot Net Perls to be a great reference site with easy to understand examples.

Browse examples for many languages, with explanations and code side by side for easy understanding.

You can look at the few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader and use them as a starting point if you're not doing so already. These are found under New -> NinjaScript Editor -> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as).

We also have Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:

Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

Further, the following link is to our help guide with an alphabetical reference list to all supported methods, properties, and objects that are used in NinjaScript.

Alphabetical Reference

And our Educational Resources in the NinjaTrader 8 help guide.

Educational Resources

A set of specific tutorials for creating conditions in the NinjaTrader 8 Strategy Builder in the NinjaTrader 8 help guide.

Condition Builder

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,

Yes, I'm going to go thru a lot of that what I started to do was just copy/past various samples in a new strategy to see things work getting to know the neighborhood sort of speak.

This one worked it's plotting some kind of extension not sure what? I found another one that plotted 50% extension but I played w/ it & lost it cant find where I found it. lol And already in the design the line is a yellow dot (what I wanted)

but this tells me it shouldn't be too difficult to design a 100% price extension from one leg to another and give it a name like a '1:1' or 'one2one' I have my background color now in a indicator now go after my one2one indicator.

Here's to the next journey.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by trdninstyle; 06-04-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Can you give me a link for NT8 in this area in my attachment? As it goes thru the process of building a indicator I want to relate to it in NT8. Thank you very much. Lots of good reading been learning a lot. Hopefully it translates.

Thumbs up.

Actually I found it plus the Condition Builder that's real good too.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by trdninstyle; 06-05-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Hello trdninstyle,

Thank you for your reply.

Glad you found some resources. There's not that exact tutorials section available for NinjaTrader 8, but there is an example script that goes over how to expose values that are not plots in case you didn't see that one:

I'd definitely encourage you to start with the Builder. I honestly use it to start scripts for me quite a bit because it will do all your setting up of plots and custom series and variables for you. In case you didn't see it already, here's a link to a number of examples of how to do various things with the conditions:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
          Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kate,

There's a lot involved with learning new tricks like code writing & it's variables I decided to place my efforts in trading let the experts write code for me and I'll learn that way. I have my TriggerLine Cross Background Color that's good for now.

For around $400 I can get all my indicators made and I will have video to watch over & over then I can emulate those just like watching when u guys make a video to learn but instead I have them (Indicators) right away then I can concentrate on making money.

What a lot of retail traders do is busy themselves with 'stuff' as an excuse not to pull the trigger and one can get steeped in learning code for months into years and never actually trade but have a propensity to do anything else so they don't have to trade "until they get there". That cycle can go on for years.

Thank you but my journey is trading. God bless.
            Last edited by trdninstyle; 06-09-2020, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
            Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby