The first step in creating a custom strategy is to use the custom strategy wizard. The wizard provides two options:
This tutorial will cover the latter, conscructing a strategy via direct coding in the NinjaScript editor.
1. Within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Tools > New NinjaScript > Strategy... menu
2. Press the "Next >" button
3. Enter the information as shown above
4. Press the "Next >" button
Defining Input Parameters
Below you will define your strategy's input parameters. These are any input parameters that can be changed by the user when running or backtesting a strategy. If your strategy does not require any parameters leave the "Name" fields blank.
5. Add the inputs as per the image above