To open the Basic Entry Window, select the New menu from the NinjaTrader Control Center. Then left mouse click on the menu item Basic Entry.
The image below shows each of the four sections in the Basic Entry window
1. Order Grid
2. Position and Level 1 (current inside market) display
3. Action Buttons
4. Order entry and ATM Strategy management
Note: Positions and orders will only display for the selected Account and Instrument.
Please see the sections below for more information on each on: Order Grid, Market Display, Action Buttons, and Order Control.
Order Grid Display
The Order Grid displays active orders for the account and instrument selected in the Basic Entry window.
Market Data Display
The market display section of the Basic Entry window is used to display market prices and position information. The market price displays will change colors when an uptick or a downtick has been detected.
1. Current best ask price and size
2. Current best bid price and size
3. Last traded price and size
4. Market position (FLAT or green background with position size for long, red background for short)
5. Position average entry price
6. Unrealized profit or loss for current position (Clicking on this cell with your left mouse button will change the display between points, ticks, currency, percent, and pips)
The Basic Entry has several buttons which are used to invoke a number of order related actions.
Please see the Submitting Orders section for more information on using these buttons.
The Order Control section of the Basic Entry is used to specify several attributes for a pending order to be submitted.
The Basic Entry window has two right click menus, depending on where you click:
•Right clicking on the Basic Entry window itself will bring up menu items specific to the Basic Entry
•Right clicking in the Order Grid will bring up menu items specific to orders
Basic Entry Control Right Click Menu
Right clicking on the Basic Entry window itself will bring up a number of menu items specific to the Basic Entry
Order Grid Control Right Click Menu
Right clicking in an empty grid will bring up a number of general menu items specific to the Order Grid
By moving your mouse cursor over an order and pressing down on your right mouse button, you will see a context menu listing all individual orders consolidated at the corresponding price and any relevant actions that you can perform on those orders.