The launch of the CME’s new Micro E-mini futures contracts was extremely well-received by the futures trading community with over 2 million contracts traded in the first 4 days of trading alone.
“To rack up that amount of volume in such a short period of time is phenomenal,” noted Paul Peterson, former head of CME product development and finance professor.
Micro-Sized Equity Index Futures
These versatile new futures provide traders with access to the 4 largest US equity indexes in bite-sized contracts. At 1/10th the size of traditional E-mini contracts, Micro E-minis offer lower margins than their larger counterparts.
The 4 new instruments provide exposure to US stock markets at a fraction of the cost of the traditional E-mini contracts. With Micro E-mini futures, you can now trade smaller versions of the most liquid equity index futures.
- S&P 500: Gain exposure to the most liquid US benchmark index.
- Nasdaq-100: Trade the top 100 non-financial companies listed on the Nasdaq exchange.
- Russell 2000: Access the bottom 2,000 stocks within the Russell 3000 index.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average: Speculate an index which represents 30 of the top US blue chip companies.
Micro E-mini Summary
Why Trade Micro E-mini Futures?
Learn how these contracts provide an ideal opportunity for new traders to enter the market at a reduced cost in this 2-minute video:
How Can I Find Out More?
For more information, contact us at 312.262.1289 or [email protected].
Why Trade Futures with NinjaTrader?
- FREE Platform included with brokerage account
- Clear savings through discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract
- $50 day trading margins for Micro E-mini Futures
- 1000s of Apps & Add-Ons to personalize your platform
NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting, strategy backtesting and trade simulation. Get started with a free download of our award-winning trading platform.