After seeing record-breaking volume in their first 30 days of trading, Micro E-mini equity index futures from the CME have racked up more than 32 million contracts traded since their launch on May 6th.
Micro E-mini futures provide futures traders the ability to trade American stock markets at a fraction of the cost & with significantly lower margins than full-size E-minis. These 1/10th-sized fungible contracts also offer added flexibility & position management for existing E-mini traders.
The first three months of trading for Micro E-mini futures has been nothing short of historic. The launch of these new contracts took the futures trading world by storm and brought a surge of new futures traders to these highly liquid equity index markets.
A Roaring First Quarter
With an average daily volume of over 500K contracts, Micro E-minis have officially carved their place in the futures trading landscape. Here are some highlights from their first quarter of trading:
- The highest single-volume day was seen on August 1st when a record 1.38M contracts were traded.
- Micro E-minis brought participants from all over the world with 26% of all volume coming from outside the US. In total, traders from 130 different countries took part in the action!
- More than 13% of trading took place during the pre-market Extended Trading Hour (ETH) sessions, again pointing to global participation in these accessible markets.
- A combined volume of over 32 million Micro E-mini contracts were traded.
- Micro E-mini S&P 500 (MES) futures accounted for roughly half of the total volume with 15.8 million contracts traded during the first 3 months.
Micro E-minis provide lower barriers to entry and require a smaller financial commitment to participate in markets ripe with opportunity! Traders should always be aware of the risks involved and practice risk management techniques such as stop loss orders.
Learn more about Micro E-mini futures in this 2-minute video:
How Can I Find Out More?
For more information, contact us at 312.262.1289 or [email protected].
Trade Futures with NinjaTrader
- FREE Platform included with futures brokerage account
- Clear savings through discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract
- $50 day trading margins for Micro E-mini Futures
- 1000s of Apps & Add-Ons to personalize your platform
NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting, strategy backtesting and trade simulation. Get started with a free download of our award-winning trading platform.