The Consumer Price Index (CPI) Year over Year came in higher than expected on February 14, 2023, followed by Retail Sales, Empire State Manufacturing and Housing Market reports on the 15th that came in with better than forecast numbers. Do these findings point to the possibility that the Federal Reserve has a bit more work to do to get inflation under control? Read on and watch our recap to learn more.
Trends Gleaned from Economic Releases
We discuss why the current economic trend is disinflationary (but not deflationary). Our experts continue to break down the current CPI and retail sales report and explain how consumer spending and saving trends are not reflecting a deflationary environment.
Additional topics covered in the livestream include:
- An analysis of which markets are still fighting the Fed
- A look at what Fed speakers are saying vs. what the CME Fed Funds matrix is anticipating in terms of Fed Policy
- An assessment of the current state of refinery utilization
- An explanation of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and it’s impact on crude oil
- Charting and price analysis of NASDAQ and crude oil futures
Ready for More?
Join NinjaTrader’s daily livestream events as we prepare, analyze, and trade the futures markets in real-time. View Upcoming Events
Get Started with NinjaTrader
NinjaTrader supports more than 500,000 traders worldwide with a powerful and user-friendly trading platform, discount futures brokerage and world-class support. NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting and strategy backtesting through an immersive trading simulator.
Download NinjaTrader’s award-winning trading platform and get started with a free trading demo with real-time market data today!