Micro Metal Futures from CME Group are designed for active traders looking to trade physical gold and silver in smaller increments or those seeking to trade a cost-effective alternative to the larger metal contracts.
Watch this short video to learn more about trading Micro Metal Futures –
- Micro Gold Futures (MGC) – 1/10 the size and required margin of the larger Gold Futures (GC) contract.
- Micro Silver Futures (SIL) – 1/5 the size and the required margin of the larger Silver Futures (SI) contract
Benefits of Trading Micro Metal Futures
- More Precise Hedging – Micro Metal Futures allow for a highly leveraged investment for more buying power. Through the use of margin, you can control a large contract value with a smaller amount of capital. Please note: Financial leverage can result in losses greater than the initial margin, and traders should take appropriate measures to minimize risk when trading unpredictable markets.
- Increased Flexibility – Given their smaller size, Micro Metal Futures offer more granularity for position management. This allows traders to start small and increase trade volume as needed.
- Lower Financial Commitment – Micro metal futures require less initial capital outlay and lower margins.
- Near 24-Hour Access – Metal futures trade nearly 24 hours a day, 6 days a week, making it a popular and desirable futures instrument all over the world. Metal futures offer more trading opportunities and the ability to manage positions any time of day
Get Started with NinjaTrader
NinjaTrader supports more than 500,000 traders worldwide with a powerful and user-friendly trading platform, discount futures brokerage and world-class support. NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting & strategy backtesting through an immersive trading simulator.
Download NinjaTrader’s award-winning trading platform and get started with a free trading demo with real-time market data today!
This article is intended for educational and informational purposes only and should not be viewed as a solicitation or recommendation of any product, service or trading strategy. It includes content from independent persons or companies that are in no manner affiliated with NinjaTrader Group (NTG) or any of its affiliates. The content and opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NinjaTrader or any of its affiliates.