Monetary policies for the major global central banks are top-of-mind as inflation and the threat of recession dominate traders' concerns. Special guest Erik Norland, executive director, senior economist, CME Group, joins us to discuss the give and take between the Federal Reserve Bank, European Central Bank and the Bank of England.
Erik Norland on CME Group futures markets, currency futures
Various interest rate and quantitative easing/tightening policies affect the flow of international funds. CME Group futures markets, including currency futures, are on the move.
Additional topics covered in the livestream include:
- An explanation of inflation in the United Kingdom
- A breakdown of four key components that comprise currency prices
- Analysis of the differences in commercial vs. real estate sectors
- A discussion on why China’s COVID recovery has fallen short of expectations
- An opinion on the yield curve as a tool for economic forecasting
- A look into the unique challenges for the ECB and member countries
Ready for More?
Join NinjaTrader’s daily livestream events as we prepare, analyze, and trade the futures markets in real-time. View Upcoming Events
Get Started with NinjaTrader
NinjaTrader supports more than 800,000 traders worldwide with a powerful and user-friendly trading platform, discount futures brokerage and world-class support. NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting and strategy backtesting through an immersive trading simulator.
Download NinjaTrader’s award-winning trading platform and get started with a free trading demo with real-time market data today!