How Mortgage Applications Data and Other Economic Reports Influence Fed Decision-Making

By NinjaTrader Team

The Federal Reserve has multiple reasons for existence—including ensuring employment is healthy, managing inflation, and stabilizing prices. While some economic reports like the Jobless Claims and Consumer Price Index (CPI) are obvious barometers of these factors, others are not so obvious but can be just as informative. 
This week’s mortgage applications data answers the question: Are consumers buying houses? The durable goods report arrives later this week, which will tell us if consumers are making investments in new appliances and furniture. Since consumer spending comprises 70% of GDP in the U.S., what data is the Fed dependent on for the other 30%? 
Dan Gramza, owner of Gramza Capital Management, joined us on this week’s episode of “See the Futures” to discuss some of the critical economic reports that arrive before the next two FOMC meetings.

Additional topics discussed in this free livestream:

  • Analysis of R* for the U.S. vs. global community

  • Discussion on when the Fed will begin cutting rates

  • Opinion on the Fed’s use of the term “data dependency”

  • Look at the emergence of different Fed district’s Nowcasts

  • Analysis of E-mini S&P 500 futures chart and the CME FedWatch Probabilities Matrix

Ready For More? 

Learn the basics of technical analysis with our free multi-video trading course, “Technical Analysis Made Easy.”  
Join our daily livestream events as we prepare, analyze and trade the futures markets in real time.

Start Trading Futures With NinjaTrader

NinjaTrader supports over 1 million users worldwide with our award-winning trading platforms, world-class support, and futures brokerage services with $50 day trading margins. The NinjaTrader desktop platform is always free to use for advanced charting, strategy backtesting, technical analysis, and trade simulation.

Get to know our:

  • Futures brokerage: Open an account size of your choice—no deposit minimum required—and get free access to our desktop, web and mobile trading platforms.

  • Free trading simulator: Sharpen your futures trading skills and test your ideas risk-free in our simulated trading environment with 14 days of livestreaming futures market data.

Better futures start now

Open your free account to access NinjaTrader’s award-winning trading platforms, plus premium training and exclusive daily market commentary.